Genetic Counselor II
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 9119
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Department Name: 29681025333516-Obstetrics/Gynecology
Location: Concord - 200 Medical Park Dr NE
Assists in the planning, development and implementation of clinical practice, research and education in the area of human/clinical genetics.
- Assesses, plans, and manages medical, psychological and social problems for a specialty patient population.
- Acts as liaison with health care professionals for inquiries and referrals and communicates clearly with patients/families.
- Maintains accurate case records for each referred patient and documents fully, accurately and appropriately in the medical record.
- Initiates, designs and conducts formal and informal education programs for physicians, genetic counseling students, other health professionals, and the general community.
- Plans, develops and implements programs, policies and procedures within the area of human/clinical genetics.
- Monitors and integrates new technologies, theories, and community resources.
Walking, standing, sitting, lifting, teaching, bending, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds in handling of patients and medical equipment and supplies. May be exposed to blood and other potentially infectious materials. Must have intact sense of sight, hearing, speech, touch, and finger dexterity.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's of Science in Genetic Counseling or related field required. Two of more years experience as a Genetic Counselor. Board Certification as a Genetic Counselor by the American Board of Genetic Counseling.