Procedure Coordinator - Cardiology Services - Atrium Health
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 9103
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 26511039132063-Cardiology - Pediatric
Location: MCP - 1001 Blythe Blvd
Coordinates and schedules patients. Ensures productivity and maximum utilization of available rooms, cardiovascular specialists, physicians and patient escorts, while minimizing procedural room downtime.
- Coordinates and schedules patients. Inputs pertinent patient data and updates changes into the system.
- Triages patients for proper placement in procedure rooms.
- Obtains appropriate medical records and labs from referring offices.
- Communicates directly with appropriate personnel regarding patient status and readiness for procedure.
- Monitors the schedule throughout the day to ensure efficient utilization of the procedure rooms. Ensures maximum utilization of all holding areas.
- Ensures that all rooms are appropriately staffed throughout the day.
Work requires sitting, walking, bending, stooping, and standing for long periods of time. Work occurs in an office setting. Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English is essential. Must be able to lift and support 50 pounds in handling medical equipment and supplies. The ability to work in a fast paced office environment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. 1 year billing experience preferred. Cardiology experience and medical terminology preferred. Must be BLS certified.