Coordinator - Post Grant and Contract - Clinical Trials LCI - FT Days
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 1731
Job Family: Research Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011036640304-Clinical Trials - LCI
Location: LCI - 1021 Morehead Medical Dr
Collaborates with investigators, scientific, and leaders to coordinate the management of grant-related expenditures and financial transactions, including grant closeouts, oversight of billing and reporting obligations and resolution of financial discrepancies. Ensures that post-award activities are in compliance with agency and institutional policies, interprets grant and contract requirements/regulations, and analyzes and revises budgets. Gathers information from a variety of federal, state and private granting agencies, prepares in-depth projections of salaries, benefits, supply costs and overhead, ensures on-time submission of necessary post-award documentation, and monitors time and effort reporting. Advises investigators on regulations, staying cognizant of current changes and trends in federal and sponsor regulations that impact the post-award aspect of grant management.
- Oversees the processing and establishment of new awards in LCI, reviews grants and contracts to ensure compliance and review requirements.
- Reviews and analyses new awards as they are received. Manages and tracks incoming fully executed awards and contracts using LCI tracking system.
- Works in conjunction with Research Finance to perform monthly, quarterly and annual reporting. Facilitates the creation of ad hoc reports as needed.
- Maintains accurate inventory of equipment purchases related to research.
- Oversees grant and contract close-out processes, as well as determining the need renewal or no-cost extension. Assures that carry forward and close-out balances are correct.
- Resolves complex, sensitive, and other non-routine issues related to expenses, reporting and close-out.
- Manages post award process including: advises a PI on the overall status of all funding sources, forecasts possible problem areas, analyzes and advises on status of team members on projects approaching close-out, analyzes awarded research monies and prepares fiscal projections and reports to ensure proper expenditures of grant and contract funds as required by funding agencies, and maintains budgets and approves expenditures.
- Prepares expense transfers, budget adjustments, etc. providing sufficient explanations that will meet internal and external audit requirements. Reviews billing and collections on a monthly basis. Confirms that all cost sharing is complete.
Requires periods of standing, sitting, walking, and some light lifting.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field required. 4 years of directly-related experience required.