Senior IS Auditor - Data Science Analyst
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 9576
Job Family: Financial Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028340924-Audit Services
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Decision Science Analyst
The Decision Science Analyst will provide analytic strategy and support for the Audit Services department, with the objective of optimizing the use of data in support of audit risk assessment, continuous auditing, and reporting. This position will also leverage data to monitor project progress and resource availability.
- Assists in preparing the annual IT Risk Assessment and Audit Plan in collaboration with the IT Audit Manager.
- Identifies audit risk and develops specific audit scope and objectives for assigned audit projects.
- Conducts assigned audit testing (interviews, document review, flowcharting, data analysis), to identify reportable issues for an audit project.
- Evaluates business and/or operational processes to identify opportunities for improvement. Ensures that issues identified during the course of the audit are promptly communicated to primary auditee.
- Prepares formal reports that effectively communicate the issues at the appropriate level of detail and the correct message for the audience.
- Works with manager to develop audit department procedures and assist in implementing standards.
Involves travel to and from the office to other facilities within the System as well as to companies with which the System does business. Lifting and moving reports and notebooks weighing up to ten pounds. Majority of day is spent sitting.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of audit software advancements in technology and automation.
- Proposes implementation of technology solutions to address audit strategy including resource needs and co-dependencies.
- Oversee change management procedures for audit software technologies, including tracking change requests, testing changes and recommending changes for implementation and post change testing.
- Manage user account maintenance and access management for all audit software and data bases.
- Coordination of continuous auditing metrics implementation with internal as well as external resources and track progress for regular reporting to management.
- Maintain inherent and residual risk data libraries for all enterprise entities. coordinate with audit directors to adjust residual risk levels and periodically assist with inherent risk modifications during risk assessments.
- Periodically assess and recommend technologies available in the market to ensure that department technologies are staying on target with advanced skills and resources.
- Assist in obtaining, analyzing and interpreting data to assist auditors and management in universe validation and execution of test procedures.
- Prepare project reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends and distribute reports regularly to Audit Directors.
- Maintain auditor resource management technology to ensure resource availability and allocation of work is tracked and regularly reported to Audit Directors.
- Design and provide management with time reporting and project monitoring reports to actively identify projects lagging or over budget.
- Perform quality control on the project to maintain the expected standards.
- Oversee department compliance with organization and department level record retention standards.
- Obtain HighBond Certified Professional ACL Robotics designation and Analytics Certified Data Analyst (ACDA) designation in the first 12 months of employment. Obtain at least one of the certifications within 6 months of hire and both within 12 months of hire.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of internal auditing, data analytics, and business principles.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor degree in related field required.