Research Associate II - Neurology
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 8668
Job Family: Research Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 55541005032871-Neurology
Location: Charlotte - 1010 Edgehill Rd N
Collects and enters information into databases for assigned research studies.
- Collects and enters demographic, inpatient, and follow-up data and questionnaires. Updates and maintains demographic database.
- Conducts follow up contacts to collect data for assigned studies.
- Participates in study contact calls.
- Calls caregivers and subjects to obtain missing information on questionnaires.
- Performs medical record chart abstractions.
- Tracks lost subjects.
- Updates and maintains Demographic database for Registry and Model System subjects.
- Communicates with Research Coordinator, Primary Investigator and Sub-Investigators
- of clinical studies to coordinate study activities
- Schedules patient visits, laboratory and diagnostic test procedures.
- Orders supplies and equipment according to protocol needs
- Recruits and screens potential patients and obtains informed consent under the
- supervision of the Research Coordinator and/or Investigator
- Assists with the design of organizational tools and forms to facilitate accurate data
- collection and recordkeeping.
Performs most work under normal office conditions. Sitting for long periods of time, standing, walking, using repetitive wrist motions, and occasional lifting of articles 10-15 pounds. Stretching and bending for filing. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Intact sense of sight and hearing required.
- Works in clinical care areas and office environments.
- Requires some contact with study patients.
- Travel to various clinical research sites.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Previous medical experience a benefit. BLS HCP certification from AHA preferred.