Neurohospitalist Physician - AH Cabarrus
This job posting is no longer active.
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 5170
Job Family: Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 25241025730977-Hospitalists Services - Inpatient
Location: Concord - 315 Medical Park Dr NE
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite experienced Neurologists to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our Neurosciences Institute - Neurology team at Atrium Health-Main and Atrium Health-Cabarrus in Charlotte, NC and Concord, NC.
The Neurosciences Institute at Atrium Health is currently looking to expand its team of Neurohospitalists at Atrium Health-Main in Charlotte, NC and Atrium Health-Cabarrus in Concord, NC. We are currently seeking a site-based medical director for both locations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Serves as the primary point of organizational alignment between Specialty Medical Director/ Regional Medical Director and your team. As such, understand and communicate the overall mission, strategic plan & tactics of Atrium Health, AHMG and the Neurosciences Institute
- Responsible for monitoring productivity, financial metrics, and performance incentives of the group including but not limited to visit volumes, wRVU production, EBITDA, and annual goals of all providers on your team
- Inform and educate all providers on productivity, financial metrics, and performance incentives and provide frequent feedback on individual and group performance
- Responsible for managing achievement of productivity, financial metrics, and performance incentives including management and mentoring of low performing providers
- Meets monthly (or more frequently, as needed) with Specialty Medical Director/coleader to review productivity and management reports
- Leads monthly Site-based provider meeting
- Meets with each provider at least once a year to assist in their performance improvement & professional development
- Responsible for ensuring that all providers understand their contractual obligations to the minimum work standards for Atrium Health and the inpatient neurology teams
- Assess educational needs and ensure clinical competency of the team and plans/conducts ongoing education and training
- Supports physician recruitment process by interviewing prospective candidates and facilitating the selection process
- Supports and facilitates new provider orientation with an emphasis on organizational goals, strategies, organizational culture, policies, and procedures
- Serve as an arbitrator for physician concerns
- Encourages positive interaction among practitioners
- Identifies, counsels, and coaches provider behaviors that are found to be disruptive and reports concerns to the appropriate administrative staff
- Coordinates a peer review process in the event of a deviation of standard practice
- Partners with Human Resources to plan appropriate disciplinary action in the event of a policy violation
- Serves as a liaison to other departments and service lines
- Board certified in Neurology
- Prefer at least 2 years of inpatient neurology clinical experience
- Prefer previous physician leadership experience
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.