Care Coordinator - Auth - Scheduling Specialist -Mercy FT
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 8015
Job Family: Patient Accounting/Registration
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11051016639495-Radiology Administration
Location: Charlotte - 2001 Vail Ave
Provides support services to radiologists and technologists. Ensures efficient handling of radiology images and documents according to department standards with a high degree of accuracy.
- Acts as liaison between physicians, departments, other facilities and the Radiologists to ensure proper image retrieval, faxes, paperwork, report dispersal.
- Greets and assists physicians or their dedicated liaison locating patient images, reports or preliminary findings.
- Manages telephones; conveys messages to staff and Radiologists in a timely manner.
- Utilizes the radiology information system and hospital information system to determine if patient has previous studies and determine status of current images.
- Monitors and develops methods to improve patient care and physician satisfaction in the assigned section of Radiology.
- Facilitates scheduling non-emergent studies for the Emergency Department after hours with the appropriate exam area.
- Communicates to the clerical and technical areas Stentor or technical issues and scan all preliminary reports to Stentor.
- Monitors System Filters Inpatient and Outpatient.
Work requires the ability to sit in one place for extended periods. Walking, standing, sitting, reaching and lifting are required. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. Works in a fast-paced office environment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. 2 years clerical experience and knowledge or 1 year in a clerical setting required. Requires Medical terminology, anatomy, and medical office or medical office experience. Computer skills required.