Unit Coordinator I- Atrium Health Main Operating Room PT/Days
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 7945
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005030170-Operating Room
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
This position assists in planning, organizing, implementing and coordinating activities at the centralized command center by performing clerical and receptionist duties and maintaining a safe environment. The Unit Coordinator I schedules all surgical procedures, performs data entry into the computer system, reconciles patient charges, copies records, fax and relay messages.
- Schedules all surgical procedures in the computer system.
- Ensures adequate time is allotted for each procedure and is aware of supply needs and limitations.
- Coordinates interdepartmental needs of scheduled cases, i.e. room availability
- Enters patient charges in a timely manner, completes batch header, and reconciles charges in the time frame allowed.
- Maintains a variety of databases, spreadsheets, and project documents.
- Communicates all information regarding scheduling changes to all persons and/or departments involved.
- Prepare a final version of the daily surgical schedule for distribution and/or viewing on computer monitor, by appropriate areas within the established time frame.
Work requires lengthy periods of sitting, walking on hard surfaces, changes in temperature and humidity. Demonstrates the ability to react and perform appropriately with stressful situations. Knowledgeable regarding Universal Precaution and can act appropriately if exposed to blood and/or bodily fluids. Must be able to lift, push and pull less than or up to 20 pounds. Must be able to walk, stretch, bend, climb stairs, twist, squat or kneel in performing office tasks, running errands, and transport materials. Must be able to use hands for gripping, speed work, and precision during the operation of the computer and accessories. Vision and hearing for distances of up to 20 feet is required, depth perception should be within normal limits and be able to distinguish basic colors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Clinical experience with data entry preferred.