Cybersecurity Engineer - Specialist - IAS Cybersecurity Leadership
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 7679
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342416-IAS Cybersecurity Leadership
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
With minimal direction oversees the overall security posture and risk management program as it applies to our computing environment for on-premise and cloud based solutions. Provides leadership and guidance to other team members and outside departments. Identifies key concerns, can remediate all identified concerns, and can support the organization with no supervision for extended periods of time and/or act in a leadership capacity, when required.
- Works independently or with other Cybersecurity Engineers to design, maintain, & implement cybersecurity systems.
- Maintains confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Computing Environment and enforce the Communication Environment Acceptable Use Policy.
- Takes a leadership role during incident response and directs team members accordingly. In the absence of leadership, will assume Designated Leader role.
- Assists in defining policy, recommending security controls, and providing guidance to other staff members.
- Understands, identifies, and corrects any issues within all cybersecurity systems.
- Evaluates needs, identifies risk, and proposes solutions to external customers.
- Strict adherence to the confidentiality of investigations, incidents, and forensics reviews.
- Recommends and manages cybersecurity projects with autonomy and report to leadership; where required.
- Assists in the management and preparation of budgets and provides meaningful input into the budgeting process.
- Provides cybersecurity training and perform presentations to large size audiences of no more than 5,000 people on cybersecurity topics.
- Works with sensitive information and engages with Corporate Privacy, the Office of General Counsel, and law enforcement; where necessary.
Must be available for callback support on a regular basis. Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and carry objects up to 40 pounds. Extensive evening and weekend hours may be required during incidents, major project go-lives, or during downtimes.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Associate's Degree required; Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software & Information Systems, Management Information Systems preferred. 8 years relevant IS experience with 4 years Information Security experience required; 6 years Information Security experience preferred. Security certification preferred (CISSP, SANS GIAC, PCI ISA). In-depth knowledgeable of all security systems, the ability to design enterprise-wide security solutions. full knowledge of all cybersecurity information security controls, infrastructure and implementation techniques. Master of understanding of HIPAA requirements and Payment Card Data Security Standards and the ability to communicate risks of not conforming to those requirements required. Excellent oral and written communication skills.