Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 7975
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011036643814-Clinical Social Work - LCI
Location: LCI - 1021 Morehead Medical Dr
Job SummaryProvides education and support services to patients, families and staff. Also provides psychosocial assessment, counseling, crisis intervention and information/referral services on a consultation basis to patients and families. Works collaboratively with the Clinical Care Management team to effect positive patient and family outcomes and to ensure efficient utilization of resources.
Interviews patient/patient's social support system to complete initiate psychosocial evaluation.
· Provides counseling/support/education to patient/patient's social support system. Assists patients/patient's social support system in coping with stress related to adjustment, disability, chronic/terminal illness.
· Works collaboratively with the patients and patient's social support system to establish and implement a plan of care with multidisciplinary team that meets the patient's identified psychosocial needs.
· Serves as a resource to clinic staff and physicians regarding emotional, social, and psychosocial components of the patient's illness and its effects on their social support system. Assists and facilitates the multidisciplinary team in understanding and integrating these aspects into the plan of care.
· Intervenes in crisis situations, appropriately and effectively applying crisis intervention theory and skills.
· Completes on going psychosocial assessments for designated patients and their support system.
· Works with the clinic team to assess and evaluate the patient/patient's social support system for the appropriate level of care or environment setting to meet care needs across the continuum.
· Participates in multidisciplinary care planning meetings.
· Maintains current knowledge and researches availability of community agencies and community resources for social, emotional or financial assistance.
· Provides information, education to patients and their social support on community resources and options appropriate to the age of the patients served, in collaboration with the clinic team. Make referrals to community agencies as needed.
· Reports suspected cases of child & adult abuse/neglect/exploitation. If needed, serves as liaison between patients/patient's social support system and Department of Social Services during evaluation/investigation.
· Identifies and records clinical, psychosocial and financial barriers to a smooth transition across the healthcare continuum and assists in identifying and facilitating system improvements.
· Works with clinic leadership to identify problems, recommended solutions and works toward resolution.
· Develops and maintains accurate case records of each referred patient. Documents in medical record according to departmental standards.
Works in an office type setting, extensive walking throughout the facility. Prolonged periods of sitting reviewing medical records, documentation. Repetitive wrist motion and occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Intact sight and hearing with or without assistive devices is required. Must be able to handle a fast paced environment, moving independently from one location to another.
Master's degree in Social Work from a program accredited by the council in Social Work Education required. LCSW preferred. At least 1 year professional experience in hospital or health related setting preferred. Expertise with Data Management Tools. Adherence to National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics.
Education, Experience and Certifications