This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 7934
Job Family: Nutrition Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005031709-Clinical Nutrition
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Provides clinical nutrition services including medical nutrition therapy (MNT), assessment, education, developing, monitoring, and implementing MNT for patient assigned units. Follows guidelines governing PRN position.
• Assesses nutritional status of patients utilizing current scientific literature on methodology and relates this information to medical status, anthropometric data, clinical assessment and dietary evaluation of the patient.
• Completes all required documentation including nutritional care plan, assessments, consultations, nutrient intake analyses and patient education in the patient's medical record and on all required documentation tools in a timely, professional and thorough manner.
• Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient and family education. Develops, evaluates and utilizes appropriate education materials for patients. Identifies learning needs using methods appropriate to each patient's developmental and educational level; evaluates and documents learner response to teaching.
• Completes consults as ordered by physicians and nurses. Consults with physicians, nurses, clinical dietitians and others to coordinate nutrition into a total patient therapy program.
• Participates in conducting meal rounds to assess nutritional intake and status of patients on assigned units and to assess quality of patient meal service. Advises department on patient care and food service issues.
• Teaches and disseminates results and findings of nutrition research to medical staff, nursing, pharmacy, patients, and public.
• Arranges for the provision of appropriate care, for newborn, pediatric, adolescent, and adult and the older adult.
Must be able to give and receive verbal communications on a continuous basis. Must be able to read written communications on a continuous basis both hard copy and on a computer screen. Able to compose written communications frequently. Able to lift and carry objects weighing 25 pounds or less occasionally. Able to perform motor skills as reaching out/up. Frequent periods of walking, standing, sitting. Infrequently squatting, twisting, and bending.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Registry eligible or registered dietitian status with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Registered Dietitian (Commission on Dietetic Registration) and Licensed by the NC Board of Dietetics and Nutrition. RD/LDN eligible status accepted but must obtain RD/LDN status within 4 months of hire and be closely supervised by senior clinical staff until RD/LDN status obtained. Pediatric experience preferred. Renal experience preferred.