Venipuncture Tech - Medical Group Internal Medicine - FT Days
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 7257
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 25511009132751-Internal Medicine
Location: Ballantyne - 15110 John J Delaney Dr
Draws blood specimens by either venipuncture or micro method. Assesses and collects laboratory specimens according to test request and promptly delivers specimens to the appropriate laboratory department.
- Uses laboratory information system to remove, assess and collect laboratory specimens according to test requisition.
- Uses proper equipment (vacutainer tubes, butterflies, syringes and needles) to acquire blood specimen.
- Verifies each patient identification to each requisition. Accurately records the patient's name and identification number on each specimen.
- Delivers specimens to the appropriate laboratory department.
- Seeks assistance from supervisor on duty or procedures with which not totally familiar.
Works in community and clinic environments. Standing and walking involved. Exposure to bioharzard materials. May come in contact with combative and/or violent behavior. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. May be required to stoop, reach and lift up to 50 pounds.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. CNA I or II, or Certified Phlebotomist preferred. Successful completion of hospital or on job training program for Venipuncture Tech required. Must speak English fluently. One year medical office or hospital experience preferred.