Infrastructure Project Manager III
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 5295
Job Family: Facilities Management
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 81021028341901-Maintenance
Location: Charlotte - 9401 Arrowpoint Blvd
Interfaces between the Plant Operations, Maintenance Department and the Project and Construction Management Group during construction and repair activities. Works with consulting architects, engineers, and contractors in the development of the planning, design, and construction within the facilities. Represents the department to ensure that the final construction or repair is functional and maintainable as well as in compliance with all System standards, specifications, and negotiations.
- Participates in the drawing and design reviews to ensure compliance with System standards.
- Reviews job scope, definitions, and contract documents to ensure final design falls within the System standards.
- Coordinates with team members and contractors all utility shutdowns that can affect System operations.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of all utility tie-ins with team members and contractors related to all construction activities.
- Coordinates activities of on-site team members, contractors, and vendors to execute the scope of work for a project without the daily operations of the particular facility being affected.
- Communicates through formal documents all construction activities that can affect daily operations.
- Ensures all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and medical gas installations, modifications and/or repairs are done in accordance with System operational standards.
- Ensures that all as-built information is assembled and complete. Submits to appropriate team for final billing and project closeout.
- Provides leadership as the designated representative at project meetings through all phases of the project.
- Implements projects including inspections, testing repairs and installations on behalf of the department. Coordinate these activities with all team members and contractors involved.
Must be mobile within entire facility (ies) and be able to climb, lift, crawl, squat, and kneel to observe work and conditions. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Must have the ability to sense vibrations, smells, heat and cold. May be exposed to hazardous chemicals and materials, hot piping, steam, live electrical systems, uneven or unsteady walking surfaces, construction hazards; may work from ladder or other precarious platforms.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- A Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Engineering, with an electrical or mechanical focus.
- Experience managing infrastructure projects independently with very little guidance or supervision.
High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred. 10 years’ experience in the field of architecture, construction, maintenance, or equivalent experience preferred. Healthcare design and/or construction experience preferred. Working knowledge of computer based software applications required. Valid Driver’s License required.