Manager - Purchase Services Value Optimization
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 8465
Job Family: Materials Management Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028343011-Purchased Services Contracting
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Supporting the PSVO AVP, the PSVO Manager will provide leadership and oversight for the management of purchased services contracts and spend categories across Atrium Health, the Atrium Health Enterprise and the Atrium Health Supply Chain Alliance. This includes all elements of the contracting lifecycle, such as contract design, contract negotiation, contract implementation and working collaboratively with contract measurement. The PSVO Manager will be responsible for supervising and developing staff to ensure individual and team performance meets corporate, department-level and supply chain objectives. The PSVO Manager will also be responsible for the development and implementation of continual improvement initiatives that improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of supply chain processes. The PSVO Manager will be accountable for developing positive relationships with their internal and external customers and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Contract Design
- Ensures contracts are designed to deliver the expected customer centric and financially advantageous results consistent with end user requirements (including but not limited to quality, regulatory, patient safety, cost and performance standards), assuring maximum leverage of Atrium Health’s purchasing power and exercising sound business judgement.
- Develops and maintains close communications with operational end-users when developing, identifying, and administering sourcing strategies (Bid, Negotiate, Renewal).
- Directs and provides guidance for the preparation, solicitation analysis and presentation of Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Invitations for Bid (IFB) in accordance with directives and program requirements.
- Performs contract administration and coordinates and maintains information used to maximize use, compliance and economic advantages related to contracting.
- Collaborates with Enterprise leaders outside of Supply Chain (quality, finance, legal, patient experience, regulatory, etc.) to design appropriate contract mechanisms. Navigates multiple and complex financial, clinical quality, employee and patient satisfaction and other systems across Atrium Health to extract required information needed for contract strategy and evaluation of contract performance.
- Contract Negotiation
- Provides leadership and oversight for vendor negotiations and contract development for purchased services.
- Leads and directs the negotiation of contract terms, pricing and payment schedules, ensuring that agreements with vendors/suppliers are commercially advantageous.
- Drafts, reviews, and finalizes contracts and other legal documents to ensure adherence to company policies, specifications, and good business practices.
- Works closely with the Office of General Counsel (OGC) utilizing approved templates or partnering on new contract elements. In partnership with the OGC, crafts special clauses and other terms/conditions as required.
- Ensures appropriate internal approvals and signature authorities are followed in the contract review and approval process.
- Contract Implementation
- Provides leadership and oversight for the implementation of purchased services contracts, maximizing operating efficiency.
- Leads and supports the change management principles that are critical to the success of any contract implementation in which the customer will be impacted by a change in vendor, process or metrics.
- Identifies and develops key initiatives into strategies and strategies into results, including monitoring the success of implementation and providing feedback to both the department, system leaders and end-users on a schedule that meets the organizational leaders’ needs.
- Supply Chain
- Contributes to Supply Chain leadership and senior administrative meetings to enhance value for the centralized sourcing throughout Atrium Health, the Atrium Health Enterprise and the Atrium Health Supply Chain Alliance.
- Ensures that the policies and procedures and the Corporate Compliance System of Integrity are followed in all cases.
- Performs other duties as assigned by leadership.
Work requires sitting at desk for prolonged periods of time while working at the computer or on telephone. Requires the ability to deal effectively with business partners and internal customers, promoting a positive image for the Enterprise. Includes travel to participating Alliance facilities and vendor sites as appropriate.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in business, healthcare, or related field.
- Experience in purchasing and supply chain.
- Familiarity with vendor contract, ordering procedures, business practices, business language and financial analysis.
- Strong computer skills in the Microsoft suite of software (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) is a plus.
High School Diploma or GED, CMRP Certification, or working toward certification by AHRMM and 5 years associated healthcare resource and materials management experience; or Associates Degree and 5 years of associated healthcare resource and materials management experience; or Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of associated healthcare resource and materials management experience required. Computer skills for Microsoft software required.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need-to-know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Knowledge of all Windows Office Products, electronic data management, able to set up and maintain databases in Access or other database or financial systems as required.