Experienced Adult Cardiothoracic Surgical First-Assist APP
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 5874
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Specialty: Cardiac &Thoracic Surgery
Status: Full Time
Shift: On Call
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 26511039132048-Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
Location: MCP - 1001 Blythe Blvd
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite qualified Advanced Practice Providers to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our Adult Cardiothoracic Surgery team at Atrium Health-Main in Charlotte, NC.
Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute’s Cardiothoracic Surgery program is seeking a full-time advanced practice provider (APP) to join our growing team. This APP will function independently in the inpatient hospital and operating room setting in collaboration with a supervising physician and other members of a multidisciplinary team.
- Provide a wide range of surgical and medical services which include first assisting with a myriad of cardiothoracic surgeries and demonstrate an independent competency in endoscopic vein and/or arterial harvesting;
- Coordinate, provide, and assist in providing comprehensive quality patient care to the Cardiology sub-specialty in collaboration with a supervising physician;
- Provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and consultation under direction of the supervising physician;
- Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the age, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients served;
- Weekends, Holidays, and Call required on a rotating schedule
- Knowledge and skill set of pre-, peri-, and postoperative procedures
- Performs a wide range of surgical/medical procedures including first assisting.
- Performs endoscopic vein and artery harvesting proficiently using the Hemopro system
- Strong knowledge of EMR systems
- Obtain detailed history and physicals on consultations and admissions
- Order and interpret a variety of laboratory and diagnostic testing when indicated for appropriate assessment and treatment.
- Participates in education and training of APP students, APP Fellows, and on-boarding of new APP hires (when appropriate)
- Attends and participates in Atrium Health and Sanger required meetings, education, development sessions
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with strong decision-making skills.
- Strong communication skills, appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and concentrate
- Must be a team player while working with a variety of MD's and APP's for inpatient management and coordination of patient care.
- Graduation for an accredited NP or PA program. Must be approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state of North and South Carolina. Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required. BLS and ACLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice.
- Nurse Practitioner: Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. ACNP, AGACNP certification required.
- Physician Assistant: Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
- Cardiothoracic or vascular surgery experience required
- Demonstrate appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills when working in a fasted paced, high acuity work environment. Able to perform a thorough history and physical assessment.
- NC Licensure
Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute is one of the Southeast's largest cardiac and vascular programs providing the highest quality care available to patient with cardiovascular disease throughout North and South Carolina. Sanger employs more than 110 physicians in a network of more than 25 locations to provide the highest quality care available to patient with cardiovascular disease. Sanger has more than 50 years of experience in providing comprehensive acute and chronic cardiovascular services, including the region's only heart transplant center and pediatric heart surgery program.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.