Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 6050
Job Family: Respiratory Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005033314-Respiratory Care - LCH
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus! Registered Respiratory Therapists are eligible for a $10,0000 sign-on bonus with a 3-year commitment for full time and some part-time positions.
The Clinical Specialist assists in the coordination and operation of specific programs within the Respiratory Care Department. Programs may include: Education, Performance Improvement, Pulmonary Disease Management, Outpatient Services, and Research.
· Assists in the coordination and ongoing development of specific programs within the Respiratory Care Department.
· Assists in the development of ongoing improvements of specific programs within the Respiratory Care Department.
· Oversees the electronic medical record and the interface with the Respiratory Care Department.
· Serves as Department liaison and communicates pertinent information to multi-disciplinary team as appropriate.
· Participates in certain clinical functions as required and assists in staffing as the need arises.
· Provides ongoing support to Department programs and initiatives as required.
Works both in the office and patient care areas. Involves sitting, standing, walking, and writing. Able to walk and stand to perform duties. Ability to lift materials 20-50 pounds. Ability to move patients of all age groups.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Licensed as a Respiratory Care Provider by the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board required. Registered as a RRT through the National Board for Respiratory Care required. Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy and 2 years of critical care experience in an acute care facility or a RRT equivalent with a minimum of 4 years of critical care experience in an acute care facility is required. Bachelors preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider from AHA is required. Advanced certification per facility.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
· Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
· Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
· Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Knowledge and ability to operate technical and mechanical Respiratory Care equipment. Strong clinical abilities and excellent communication skills.