Outcomes Specialist - Nephrology - Pediatric
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 5663
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 27241039132842-Nephrology - Pediatric
Location: MCP - 1001 Blythe Blvd
Responsible for day to day project management of clinical outcomes improvement for assigned clinical areas, services or medical staff teams.
- Identifies opportunities that impede attainment of clinical outcomes; analyzes and evaluates clinical data as it relates to clinical outcomes and resource utilization; interprets this information for other health care providers, communicating necessary strategies for improvement.
- Facilitates system level clinical programs with process improvement goals and strategies; integrates standards of care/clinical guidelines/protocols in collaboration with multidisciplinary groups and evaluates for outcomes improvement.
- Serves as a clinical and systems resource; provides education regarding clinical data as it pertains to clinical outcomes, resource utilization, clinical efficiency.
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of best practice strategies, disseminating information to relevant groups.
- Presents educational programs or assists in the development of educational materials related to clinical areas of expertise/improvement efforts.
- Develop annual outcomes report for designated service line.
- Maintains a close working relationship with facility leadership to optimize the quality and patient safety culture.
- Conducts leading practice research on clinical outcomes improvement and hardwires best practices.
- Participates in the activities supportive of ongoing improvement of medical staff quality.
- Assists with ambulatory, post-acute and regional quality initiatives as applicable.
Works in an office environment; requires walking, standing and long periods of sitting and computer use; intact sense of sight and hearing required. Must have the ability to clearly communicate verbally, in person, and in writing with patients, families/agencies and the health care team. Able to project manage multiple assignments concurrently. Travels to facilities in personal vehicle as needed; must have current state driver’s license.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Master’s Degree Required. RN or other clinical licensure preferred; certification in health care quality, patient safety or related regulatory entity preferred. Clinical experience preferred. Two years project management experience preferred. Demonstrates ability to lead and facilitate projects/teams. Intermediate to advanced computer skills with demonstration of skill and competence in use of Microsoft Office applications required.