Mint Hill, NC, United States
Job ID: 6791
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 47331020231752-MedCenter Air
Location: Mint Hill - 11304 Hawthorne Dr
Job Summary Operates MedCenter Air's Flight Communications Center in a safe and efficient manner. Handles requests for helicopter, fixed wing, or ground services from outside hospitals, physicians, and EMS agencies. Dispatches appropriate aircraft or ground unit and maintains communication throughout the mission for tracking, patient reports, and navigational assistance. Coordinates in a timely manner all aspects of the mission and monitors the location of all transport units always while maintaining safety as a priority.
• Operates all radios, computer systems, and other equipment associated with MedCenter Air.
• Possesses knowledge of range, capabilities and limitations of aircraft and vehicles.
• Ensures the most appropriate mode of transport and vehicle is assigned to each request.
• Coordinates in a timely manner all aspects of the mission and monitors the location of all transport units always while maintaining safety as a priority.
• Collects and maintains accurate records of information; including pre-and post-transport patient documentation and transport records.
• Confirms prescheduled transports on day of transport.
• Demonstrates appropriate management and cost effective use of supplies and equipment.
• Submits department changes and credits in a timely manner.
Physical Requirements Majority of duties performed in an indoor office with limited access to visitors. Working conditions can change rapidly from light office work to fast paced high stress environment requiring multiple tasks in a short time frame. Noise level varies from quiet to moderately loud. Requires long periods of sitting, operating computer, and answering phones. Ability to function well in high stress situations with limited assistance. Must be able to make rapid, appropriate decisions that assures the safety of the flight crew and patient. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Light lifting may be required.
Education, Experience and Certifications High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree preferred. Current certification as EMD or EMT. EMT-P certification preferred. NAACS Certified Flight Communicator (CFC) certification must be obtained within one year of hire and must be maintained throughout employment. 2 years of previous EMS/Fire/Law Enforcement/Critical Care dispatching experience preferred. 1 year previous flight coordination (Rotor and/or Fixed Wing) experience preferred.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
• Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
• Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
• Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Related office equipment and supplies.