Rehabilitation Technician - PRN - Atrium Health Carolinas Rehabilitation - Gateway
This job posting is no longer active.
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 6889
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11141025037653-Rehabilitation Services - Outpatient
Location: Concord - 1090 NE Gateway Ct NE
Provides clerical and clinical support to professional and secretarial staff to ensure timely, efficient, professional, and courteous patient care. Works closely with other disciplines and specialties within the department and facility as well as patients and families to assure a cohesive approach to patient care.
- Supervises patient exercise programs in Physical Therapy (PT) and Occupational Therapy (OT) under the leadership of a licensed therapist or an assistant.
- Prepares and transports patients, modalities, and equipment for the PT or OT teams.
- Assists with patient and family education as instructed by the licensed therapy teams.
- Provides clerical support.
- Assists with orienting new and rotating team members.
Requires hearing (corrected) and vision (corrected). Requires lifting up to 50 pounds frequently, up to 100 pounds with assistance. Requires pushing and pulling equipment and patients in wheelchairs and stretchers. Requires climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending, squatting, and reaching overhead. Requires long periods of sitting, standing, stooping, walking and reaching in front of the body. Possible exposure to hazardous chemicals, blood, and body fluids.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required.