Special Events - EMT Driver - Atrium Health Cabarrus
This job posting is no longer active.
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 6967
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11141004837504-Sports Medicine
Location: AH Cabarrus Main - 920 Church St N
Works as a team member of Special Events Emergency Team to deliver optimal patient care in the prehospital setting at customer venues. Provides assessment and appropriate interventions according to North Carolina OEMS guidelines and established hospital policy. Must be thoroughly familiar and able to perform interventions at level of training with all equipment and supplies at all prehospital workstations, including ambulance unit.
Promote a positive professional image of Atrium Health. Provide assessment and appropriate interventions according to Atrium Health Cabarrus Event Medicine Guidelines and established hospital standards. Be thoroughly familiar and able to perform interventions at appropriate level of training with all equipment and supplies at all prehospital workstations.
- Provides direct patient care at the Emergency Medical Technician Defibrillation level according to the special events protocols, as well as NC OEMS guidelines.
- Provide assessment, planning, and treatment, care; at level of EMT using current Atrium Health Cabarrus Event Medicine Guidelines
- Maintain a constant state of personal and resource readiness for emergencies while on duty. Restock supplies and report deficiencies in equipment.
- Functions as a support role to the paramedic or nurse during transport of patients from venue sites. Assist with packaging, loading, and providing care to the patient at the EMT-D level as directed.
- Drives the vehicles according to special events policy as well as state and local law. Ensure the safety of all passengers at all times.
- Ensures that the entire vehicle is cleaned and restocked after each event and/or patient transport.
- Reports any safety hazards to the lead paramedic or Assistant Director. If using a MCA ambulance, report any safety hazards to the MCA charge person as soon as possible.
- Documents patient condition and all treatment provided while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Maintains necessary certifications, skills, required continuing education, and mandatory in services.
Must have good physical stamina, endurance and body which would not be adversely affected by having to lift, carry, and balance at times in excess of 125 pounds (250 pounds with assistance). Motor coordination is necessary because of uneven terrain. Both the patient's and the team member's well being must not be jeopardized. Hearing must be in normal range as well as near visual acuity to be able to take accurate vital signs and to detect any deterioration in the patients condition. Normal eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity to give injections, medications and intravenous therapy. Must have good oral communication skills to take patient history, give instruction and communicate with physician about patient care.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Current NC EMT certification required. BCLS required. Current Drivers License required. National EMT registry preferred. 1 to 2 years experience with a 911 service as an EMT required.