Executive Communications Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 7121
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028341713-Communications
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
In support of the President and CEO – as well as other executives – the Executive Communications Specialist assists the Director of Executive Communications in the development and execution of external, internal and strategic communication deliverables, plans and initiatives that build brand awareness and enhance the system mission among the enterprise and community. This role contributes to the day-to-day operations of the team, including research, copy editing, metric tracking and calendaring. Serves as a proactive team member, with the goal of furthering organizational values and messaging among key constituent and stakeholders.
- Assist in the copy editing of compelling, robust narratives in the manner of presentations, talking points, scripts, remarks and speeches for the President and CEO and the executive leadership team
- Conduct research to ensure the effectiveness and success of internal and external communication deliverables, initiatives and campaigns, as well as end-to-end stakeholder and constituent experience
- Manage executive digital and social media content, such as LinkedIn, and support the oversight of all multimedia production, including photography and videography
- Evaluate and track the healthcare industry (and national landscape) shifts/trends for the latest information and significant relevancy for all audiences
- Introduce creative and innovative approaches to problem-solving, even applying concepts or methods from outside or in a non-healthcare context
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with teammates, senior staff and executives across the organization; professionally represent the President and CEO inside and outside the enterprise
- Serve as a backup to the team in various internal and external meetings and responsibilities, as needed
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required in communication, marketing, advertising, public relations, public policy or political science. Master's preferred
- 1+ years of experience in implementing and supporting executive/enterprise communication, marketing or policy campaigns and deliverables, preferably in a large integrated multi-site/state organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, while managing multiple projects or priorities at once
- Ability to work independently as a leader/or in collaboration with others across the enterprise; open to feedback and critique
- Excellent communication, administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills; team player who can work effectively with employees at all levels, including C-suite executives
- Technical experience may include: knowledge of AP Style (able to write/edit using the style guide), basic knowledge of design (including the use of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) or basic knowledge of social media and web management.
Requires walking, standing, bending or moving around campus and/or other facilities. Requires the ability to drive and operate a personal vehicle. Requires reading, comprehending, editing or designing materials. Requires clear and effective communication. Requires the experience and ability to operate audiovisual equipment. Requires the occasional lifting of documents or supplies.