Associate Application Specialist - EMR Systems
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 5847
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342613-IAS Ambulatory Services
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Assists in research and fact-finding to develop or modify information systems. Prepares detailed specification from which programs will be written. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs.
Experience with EMR systems such as Cerner Millennium EMR, Epic Clinicals required.
- Helps to ensure all user requests are received in writing, properly evaluated and responded to in a timely manner.
- Participates in review meetings with user committees to assist in establishing project priorities.
- Guarantees efficient and effective completion of project assignments in accordance with standard procedures.
- Assists in the resolution of issues regarding projects.
- Provides accurate and timely recording of time against tasks assigned.
Additional Essential Functions
- Responsible for ongoing provider educational and support activities with the electronic medical record system (Canopy/Cerner/Epic Clinicals).
- Provides coaching and support to providers to ensure efficient use of the EMR and adoption of new technologies
- Provides enhanced customer support through troubleshooting, research and training opportunities.
- Customer relationship management development with providers and key facility administration for Information Analytics Services business needs.
- Promotes Canopy adoption and use of the system through monitoring metrics and Cerner efficiency data.
- Provides on-site support in person via rounding through the facilities and via telephone. In addition to remaining up to date and proficient on system enhancements through knowledge sharing, detailed training and technical documentation.
- Participates in departmental and facility leadership meetings with heavy customer relationship management development and oversite.
- Onboard new Acute, Ambulatory and ED providers through classroom facilitation to the EMR and with new applications.
- Performs as a business analyst to help design system enhancements. Responsible for the submission process for new technology requests from physicians and clinicians.
- Creates Canopy Communications to education on new technology.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills.
- Develops PowerPoint presentations and works with Microsoft Office solutions Word, Excel, SharePoint, OneNote and Outlook on a regular basis.
- Responsible for an On-Call Rotation after hours and support coverage for providers on a regular basis.
- Assist with peer interviews, onboarding of new team members, testing, communication of new application tools.
Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 35 lbs. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. Environment is subject to high-level visibility through verbal and written communications with senior hospital management, associated project deadlines, personnel evaluation, and counseling. Must be available for on-call support on a regular basis. Due to project requirements, overtime will be required, as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office and Information Systems preferred. Communicates proactively, cooperatively, and constructively.
- Bachelor’s degree in a clinical role or minimum of 5 year’s healthcare industry.
- Experience with EMR systems such as Cerner Millennium EMR, Epic Clinicals required.
- Clinical workflow experience highly desired.