This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 5651
Job Family: Research Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011036640418-Bio Statistics - LCI
Location: LCI - 1021 Morehead Medical Dr
Works with postdoctoral supervisor, develops research ideas and plans, develops statistical analysis programs, performs data analyses, and prepares results for publication and presentation. Collaborates with other team members. Writes protocols, abstracts, and manuscripts for publication, and assists in preparation of grant applications.
• Performs literature review to identify and develop statistical methods for research projects.
• Performs statistical analyses.
• Prepares abstracts and presents at scientific meetings.
• Collaborates on manuscripts for publication in scientific journals.
• Assists with preparation of grant applications.
• Instructs and trains junior team members when needed.
• Collaborates with other researchers.
Additional Essential Functions
• Works on NIH and USDA supported research projects to identify biomarkers from omics data.
• Performs statistical analysis of omics data and clinical data by using SAS, R, SIMCA, or other appropriate software applications and writes reports, abstracts and manuscripts for publication.
• Participates in regular project meetings and presents statistical analysis results to collaborators at other research universities
This position requires long periods of sitting and some standing and walking. Is responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Ph.D. in Biostatistics, Statistics, Bioinformatics or related field. Research experience demonstrated by conference posters, presentations, and scientific journal papers. Strong programming skills (SAS, R or other appropriate software
Additional Education, Experience and Certifications
Experience with statistical analysis of omics data and/or clinical data preferred. Familiar with mixed-effects models and machine learning methods. Ability to create visualizations that effectively communicate results. Excellent oral and written communication skills.