Behavioral Health Clinician- Atrium Health Union- Union Academy Charter School
This job posting is no longer active.
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 7356
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11081005643827-Health Sciences Education Grade School Partnership
Location: AH Union Main - 600 Hospital Drive
Provides behavioral health services to emotionally disturbed and mentally ill patients. Functions as a member of a multidisciplinary team. Assesses, treats, plans, and provides psycho-education, and individual, family, and group therapy.
- Utilizes resources to meet patient care needs by collaborating with appropriate guardians and community agencies.
- Assesses patients’ problems, needs, and level of functioning.
- Writes appropriate treatment plans according to patient diagnosis, age, and clinical presentation.
- Provides various treatment modalities and theoretical applications based on current clinical standards.
- Assists individual, groups, and families through the counseling relationship; evaluates and treats mental disorders and other conditions through the use of a combination of psychotherapeutic techniques and human development principles.
- Establishes and conducts appropriate interventions/treatment. Writes appropriate discharge plans based on individual needs of client and follows through with termination process.
- Provides patient care according to established policies/procedures and professional standards of care.
- Designs, plans, and implements effective patient education.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates patient care according to identified needs and manager clients in crisis.
- Provides accurate and consistent documentation of patient care/response in the medical record.
- Presents cases in clinical team meetings in a clear, concise, and clinically relevant manner.
- Completes all documentation within facility-established timeframes. Coordinates discharge planning and plan of care with next provider.
Additional Essential Functions:
- Provides long term mental health counseling for students treating a variety of mental health issues beyond the scope of a school counselor.
- Serves students with suspected or confirmed mental health challenges by acting as a liaison with, coordinating with and/or referring to appropriate services with internal and external resources,including the department of Social Services.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from medical records, academic records, external agencies, the student and or family to provide holistic treatment or planning for the student.
- Assesses the challenges of students/families and creates work plans to support identified needs, including the needs of truant students and those with mental illness.
- Acts as a resource to staff and parents regarding emotional, social and psychosocial componentsof mental illness.
- Maintains knowledge of community agencies and community resources for referrals and carepartnerships and utilizes these to meet student needs.
- Contributes to quality services by staying informed of developments and trends in areas of mental health and counseling skills, as well as assisting in the development and implementation of innovative programs.
- Provides formal and/or informal education to staff and parents to:
- Identify students with mental health concerns (prevention and awareness)
- Learn skills to support students with mental illness
- Understand the emotional, social, and psychological components of the patient’s illness and its effects on the family and academic success.
Requires extensive walking throughout the facility. Prolonged periods of sitting reviewing medical records and completing documentation. Repetitive wrist motion and occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds. Requires verbal and written communication in English. Intact sight and hearing with or without assistive devices is required.
Additional Physical Requirements:
School based position
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's Degree in a relevant human services field such as Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy from an accredited school of graduate education required. Must be issued an associate licensure and/or certification from the appropriate governing board in the state in which one works within 6 months of employment. Successful completion of CPI and CPR training required within 90 days of hire. Clinical experience preferred. Must have good therapeutic communication skills. Licensed to provide counseling services that fall outside the scope of a school counselor for children and adults with significant and mental health problems. 3 years’ experience in individual and group counseling or social work, and in consulting with a multidisciplinary team preferred.