APP - High Acuity Care - CVT Surgery - Behavioral Health - PRN
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 7554
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Temporary
Department Name: 21051017239025-Flex Staff
Location: Charlotte - 2709 Water Ridge Pkwy
Functions independently in a primary care, specialty care or urgent care setting in collaboration with a supervising physician. Includes secondary urgent care APPs who must work alongside a supervising physician or primary urgent care APP team member.
- Performs initial and periodic medical history, physical examinations, and daily assessments.
- Records findings of examinations, assessments and plan of care.
- Performs minor office-based medical and/or surgical procedures.
- Writes appropriate prescriptions and administers medications.
- Orders and interprets daily laboratory and radiology examinations.
- Determines treatment plan for patient.
- Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner on the patient's medical record.
- Acts as a patient advocate for the population served.
- Attends, participates and contributes to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms. Must possess intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to react and perform in stressful situations
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in SC required. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and concentrate.
Master's Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. ACNP, AGACNP, AGNP, PNP, or PNP-AC board certification preferred based population served.
Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master's Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.