Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 664661
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Part Time
Shift: On Call
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 29681025333516-Obstetrics/Gynecology
Location: Concord - 200 Medical Park Dr NE
Performs required diagnostic Ultrasound procedures. Assists leadership with both clinical and administrative duties.
· Performs all obstetrical and gynecological routine Ultrasounds and Imaging per ACOG guidelines.
· Conducts Ultrasound Imaging for fetal diagnosis and anomaly detection with supervision for patients with high-risk indications including but not limited to: Advanced maternal age, Abnormal AFP screening and Teratogen exposure.
· Performs Ultrasound guidance for gynecological sonography including gynecological Doppler with supervision as needed. Reviews charts for orders prior to clinic visit and follows physician's orders by completion of requisitions and instructing patients.
· Participates in Procedure Verification/Universal Protocol in the absence of a RN.
· Prepares Ultrasound reports at assigned ambulatory practices.
· Maintains patient medical records as required by departmental policy.
Requires the ability to push a 400+ pound Ultrasound machine to the LDR Suites or the Obstetrical High Risk Unit for an emergency scan. Requires frequent standing, stretching and bending to reach necessary supplies. Pulling and pushing required for wheel chair and stretcher patients and moving the Ultrasound machine within the exam room. Ability to grasp necessary transducers to use for Sonography. Digital dexterity to enter data on Ultrasound keyboard is necessary. Carrying and lifting supplies to restock exam rooms and storing transducers at the end of shift is necessary. Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and handle stressful situations with empathy and professionalism a must. Must speak English fluently. Exposure to communicable diseases.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Current license or registry-eligible Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in the specialty of OB/Gyn. Experience with routine obstetrical ultrasound imaging and machinery, and gynecological ultrasound imaging and pathology preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
· Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
· Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
· Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Related medical, and office equipment and supplies.