Application Specialist - Intermediate – EBC
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 7190
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342538-IAS Clinical Transformation
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Seeking Evidence-Based Care Analyst to join team with focus on initiatives in the Epic EMR. This role works with stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, clinical content embedded in systems, policies, and information systems for medium to large evidence-based care initiatives. Works independently on most phases of content development, but requires instruction and guidance in other phases. Collaborates with quality, medical team members, and facility leaders to provide support leveraging technology to drive quality.
- Facilitates order set development and clinical decision support, to support the initiation of computerized physician order entry (CPOE) and other clinical informatics projects under the direction the more senior team members.
- Manages assigned service line teams to include content development and ongoing maintenance.
- Provides assessment and interpretation of business and user needs and requirements and translates specific portions of business/clinical content requirements into system requirements, revising existing system content or logic as necessary.
- Produces effective presentations and demonstrates proven public speaking skills.
- Works with clients and peers to enhance content and system functionality while understanding the possible ramifications to the client's business processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of content within the EMR and it's affect on workflows and integration with other systems.
- Serves as a resource to other team members regarding content development methodologies and service line team support.
- Leads projects in one or more aspects of the content development life cycle (scope definition, design facilitation, usability testing, etc.).
- Ability to develop workplans, estimate tasks, and control for work for one's self and possibly other team members.
- Typically coordinates small workgroups and more low to moderate complexity projects.
- Demonstrates effective facilitation skills when overseeing clinical content design.
Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 35 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Associates Degree required. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Educational exposure in Business, Computer Science, or Informatics preferred. Clinical licensure required. 3 years of experience in the healthcare industry required. Epic Orders or other module experience/certification a plus