Senior Systems Engineer - Physical Security
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 6736
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028341815-Physical Security
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
- Under general supervision, provide support for and implement Atrium Health’s various electronic security applications to protect Atrium patients, visitors, staff and property. Provide detailed project management from a Security Technology standpoint, including access control, CCTV and keying as part of larger capitally funded Architecture and Construction projects. This will include managing budgets and contractors for projects and service calls.
- The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation and tracking of client-based projects that include the following solutions: IP video surveillance; access control, burg alarm, wireless panic devices and key management of facilities. The Project Manager has complete ownership of the project during the design, implementation phase. The Project Manager serves as the primary point of contact with the customer for the duration of the implementation phase. The implementation phase is defined as the period starting with project setup and continues through commissioning and submission of final documentation/sign-off.
- Will manage the procurement, installation and maintenance of access control system, video management system and the integration of other security systems such as intrusion detection, visitor management and personal panic devices
- Will serve as project manager and represent Security Technology Department in new construction and retrofit projects as needed
- Will serve as a break/fix contact when needed to facilitate repair/service of equipment by outside vendors during regular business hours and on an afterhours on-call rotation
- Will be responsible for designing, programming, testing, commissioning access control, video management, burg and other electronic security applications.
- Ensure the design, installation and programming of security systems meets Security Technology’s policies and procedures
- Enforce facility standards and best practices on new and retrofit installs to include access control, video management, door hardware and keying.
- Maintains appropriate records as required
- Must be a service-oriented team player.
- Communicates effectively and supportively with teammates to accomplish project and departmental goals
- Comfortable developing and leading meetings with peers and leaders.
- Responsible for developing, writing, reviewing documentation for processes and procedures for team as well as others outside of department
- Cooperate and coordinate with internal technical, project and application team members to address any technical issues that may arise from start of projects until completion
- Participate in industry training and seminars to identify current and future access control industry needs Identify and qualify relevant needs for building and construction compliance
- Oversee the evaluations, design, implementation, configuration, documentation, and operations of technologies and processes designed to ensure compliance of Atrium Health with Federal, State, local and/or AH policies/regulations
- Ability to effectively prioritize and advance a large number of technical projects simultaneously, often with tight deadlines.
- Directs efforts to analyze business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks.
- Provide authoritative advice to Architects for any activities that impact technologies and or processes associated with current or new electronic security devices.
- Will provide leadership to others within department on best practices relating to project management, budgeting, scope definition and plan of action
- Travel to project sites using personal vehicle for reoccurring construction meetings and site progress walkthroughs.
- Environment is subject to high-level visibility through exposure to CHS administration. Job duties will require high degree of proficiency in verbal and written communications. Must participate in 24/7 on-call callback support on a regular basis. Evening and weekend hours may be required at times for conversions, training, etc.
- Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. Employee does not have direct patient contact. Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 35 pounds.
- Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. Must have reliable, personal transportation for daily trips to and from CHS facilities. Must also be able to carry CHS equipment in personal automobile between CHS facilities. Exposure to electrical hazardous equipment and potential biohazards exist.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Formal training and certificates in a variety of electronic security or database management technology is desirable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Genetec, AMAG, MKS, TRAKAWeb, TRACcess, and AutoDesk Design Review
- Must be competent to work on most aspects of physical security projects including design, budgeting, construction, implementation, programming, testing and commissioning.
- Prefer a degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in the Healthcare Industry is considered valuable including knowledge of safety standards and practices in the Healthcare environment
- Communication proficiency in both written and verbal areas is mandatory.
- Experience and understanding of network basics, industry trends