Senior Technical Analyst - IAS Service Center Communication
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 4711
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342583-IAS Service Center Communication
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Performs and oversees maintenance, troubleshooting, research and fact-finding to respond to hardware, software, network and enterprise applications issues and requests in support of patient and non-patient care areas. Functions in a team leadership role to provide routine guidance, mentoring, counseling, training, etc. for staff members as well as including department leadership in all discussions.
- Performs and reviews preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of general patient and non-patient care equipment/applications.
- Acts and advises on equipment hazard alerts and recalls to ensure patient safety.
- Handles and assists management of inventory levels for break/fix and spare equipment/parts, ensuring proper tracking.
- Accepts, creates, trains and enforces on call responsibilities, supports customer emergency issues and escalates to the appropriate person or group as needed.
- Provides operational in-service education for clinical and non-clinical staff in the operation and maintenance of complex equipment/applications.
- Provides cross-training to peers and other staff members to improve skills and verify competency.
- Mentors and provides guidance for staff members for professional growth opportunities and continuous growth in their own work processes.
- Keeps current with key products and emerging technologies in area(s) of specialization.
- Serves as an expert technical advisor/project coordinator for evaluation and installation of departmental equipment.
- Manages standard personnel issues for attendance and disciplinary actions within assigned zone.
- Assists management in insuring required training for staff members is completed as well as their own.
- Assists in departmental scheduling process only when needed. Teammate should also include leadership in all communications regarding the scheduling process.
- Assists departmental leadership in time approval functions using the Kronos system.
- Provides operator switchboard and emergency operator coverage along with on call rotation duties.
- Serves as backup support to departmental team leads ensuring the day-to-day workflow of departmental functions.
- Travel between job sites may be required once a week.
Work is subject to high-level visibility through exposure to patient population and to administration. Must have the ability to work in patient care areas independently under stressful conditions. Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs is required. Work requires frequent standing and walking. Exposure to electrical hazardous equipment and potential biohazards exists. Requires routine on-call responsibilities, additional evening and weekend hours during conversions, training, and inclement weather. Must have reliable, personal transportation for daily trips to and from facilities. Must also be able to carry equipment in personal automobile between facilities. Must meets Transportation requirements.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field preferred. One to Two years leadership experience preferred.