Clinical Faculty Specialist - Cabarrus College of Health Sciences - School of Surgical Technology
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 551781
Job Family: Education, Training & Development
Status: Full Time
Shift: On Call
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11161010244207-School of Surgical Technology
Location: Cabarrus College Main - 401 Medical Park Dr
Fosters student learning excellence by teaching students and college faculty emerging trends in healthcare and clinical best practices. Maintains clinical expertise, provides clinical instruction, and demonstrates current skills and procedures.
- Teaches and facilitates student learning. Teaching activities may occur online or in a classroom, clinical, lab, or fieldwork setting.
- Devotes preparation time for instruction in accordance with objectives in class, clinical, and laboratory settings.
- Prepares presentations and/or discussions based on syllabus outline, objectives, and student learning outcomes.
- Utilizes a variety of active learning strategies, including but not limited to cooperative learning, service learning, reflective writing, and experiential and problem-based learning.
- Utilizes a variety of assessments appropriate to different learning styles including but not limited to tests, homework, quizzes, competencies, clinical evaluations, surgical profiles and surgical procedures logs.
- Utilizes instructional technology, including online content and delivery.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for the subject matter and provides current, relevant content.
- Challenges students to think critically and perform at high standards of competence. Promotes active class discussion.
- Assigns patients to student care based on the clinical objectives of that particular session.
- Assists with the annual review and updating of syllabi, textbooks, and other supplemental resources.
- Conducts periodic workshops and prepares newsletter information to educate other faculty members on emerging best practices in healthcare delivery and changes within the profession of surgical technology.
Requires full range body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Frequent moderate lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying. Frequent walking, standing, stooping, and reaching. Frequent exposure to chemicals, pathogens and patient blood and body fluids. Occasional driving to other locations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Surgical Technology Associate Degree or surgical technology diploma program completed required. Surgical technologist certificate required. Minimum 1 year current clinical experience in operating room practice in the scrub role required.