Decision Science Analyst - Senior IS Auditor
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 7290
Job Family: Financial Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028340924-Audit Services
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
The Decision Science Analyst - Senior IS Auditor leverages cutting edge techniques to deliver audit and advisory services. Influence how the work gets done by participating on a team with a continuous improvement mindset. Apply your business acumen and critical thinking to share insight and solutions. Use advanced analytics and continuous auditing to provide leadership with a dynamic, relevant view of the risk and controls environment. The Decision Science Analyst will provide analytic strategy and support for the Audit Services department, with the objective of optimizing the use of data in support of audit risk assessment, continuous auditing, and reporting. This position will also leverage data to monitor project progress and resource availability.
- Demonstrates authority, credibility and ethical conduct including individual conformance to The Institute of Internal Auditor's Code of Ethics and competency through continuing professional development.
- Responsible for managing engagement-level client relationships and developing communication strategy
- Summarizes and develops engagement conclusions, identifies residual risks, and formulates recommendations
- May provide project supervision on an individual engagement basis, including assessment and reporting on staff performance as well as mentoring staff on improvement opportunities
- Develops engagement work programs, proposes budget, milestones, and assignments
- Determines the objectives, evaluation criteria and scope of engagements assigned as part of the overall plan
- Responsible for project administration of assigned engagements (code of conduct, internal and external meeting scheduling, budgets, milestones)
- Completes risk assessments, including prioritizing key risks and controls at the engagement level
- Recognizes types of fraud, fraud risks and red flags for fraud
- Recognizes if governance and oversight of an area being audited is insufficient to address identified risk
- Collaborates on the design of the audit results communication plan for engagement
- Designs and executes follow up procedures to verify that management actions have sufficiently addressed the risk
- Determines and applies analytical review techniques at the engagement level. Responsible for proposing analytics that can be used on a continuous basis.
- Evaluates the relevance, reliance and sufficiency of potential sources of evidence.
- Prepares workpapers and documentation
- Utilizes control frameworks to evaluate risk and controls and recommend improvements to the organization's internal control environment
- Identifies authoritative sources relevant to audit engagements and performs sufficient research to inform the engagement plan
- Uses and applies technology solutions in audit engagements
- Responsible to maintain current knowledge of audit software advancements in technology and automation
- Proposes implementation of technology solutions to address audit strategy including resource needs and co-dependencies
- Oversees change management procedures for audit software technologies, including tracking change requests, testing changes and recommending changes for implementation and post change testing
- Manages user account maintenance and access management for all audit software and databases
- Coordinates continuous auditing metrics implementation with internal as well as external resources and tracks progress for regular reporting to management
- Maintains inherent and residual risk data libraries for all enterprise entities. Coordinates with Audit Directors to adjust residual risk levels and periodically assist with inherent risk modifications during risk assessments.
- Periodically assesses and recommends technologies available in the market to ensure that department technologies are staying on target with advanced skills and resources
- Assists in obtaining, analyzing and interpreting data to assist auditors and management in universe validation and execution of test procedures
- Prepares project reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends and distributing reports regularly to Audit Directors
- Maintains auditor resource management technology to ensure resource availability and allocation of work is tracked and regularly reported to Audit Directors
- Designs and provides time reporting and project monitoring reports to actively identify projects lagging or over budget
- Performs quality control on projects to maintain the expected standards
- Oversee department compliance with organization and department-level record retention standards
Work involves travel to and from the office to other facilities within the System as well as to companies with which the System does business. Majority of the day is spent working on the computer, which can involve prolonged sitting. Work requires the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred. Minimum of 3 to 5 years of related work experience in healthcare, internal auditing, consulting or advisory services or a related field. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, Visio). High proficiency with analytical software and demonstrated ability to train others.
- Obtain HighBond Certified Professional ACL Robotics designation. Obtain at least one of the certifications within 6 months of hire and both within 12 months of hire.
- Obtain Analytics Certified Data Analyst (ACDA) designation within the first 12 months of employment.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of internal auditing, data analytics, and business principles.