Senior Auditor - Construction
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 7283
Job Family: Financial Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028340924-Audit Services
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
The Senior Auditor - Construction works closely with the construction operations and infrastructure maintenance operations functions of the organization. This role will facilitate the work of an external construction audit firm as they partner with management to mature the control environment. After the external firm’s work is complete, the Senior Auditor will monitor management’s compliance with required processes and reporting. At this time we are following a remote/in office hybrid model.
- Primary focus on construction operations and infrastructure maintenance operations
- Design and execute audit procedures to continually monitor risks in construction operations and infrastructure maintenance
- Specific areas of concentration will include contract compliance, effective vendor selection, pay application control monitoring, value and deadline achievement
- Responsible to engage with management on action planning to address risks noted in reviews and issue period reports to management and for Board of Directors communication
- Coordinate fraud reviews, specific to construction and infrastructure operations, with the fraud audit specialty within Audit Services to ensure sufficient coverage of the fraud risks related to construction and infrastructure operations
- Assist with coordination of external reviews of construction and infrastructure operations
- Serve as the subject matter expert for construction and infrastructure operations
Who Should Apply
Prior construction project management experience or contracting experience is preferred. Willing to teach a candidate with a strong willingness to learn.
- Demonstrates authority, credibility and ethical conduct including individual conformance to The Institute of Internal Auditor's Code of Ethics and competency through continuing professional development.
- Responsible for managing engagement-level client relationships and developing communication strategy
- Summarizes and develops engagement conclusions, identifies residual risks, and formulates recommendations
- May provide project supervision on an individual engagement basis, including assessment and reporting on staff performance as well as mentoring staff on improvement opportunities
- Develops engagement work programs, proposes budget, milestones, and assignments
- Determines the objectives, evaluation criteria and scope of engagements assigned as part of the overall plan
- Responsible for project administration of assigned engagements (code of conduct, internal and external meeting scheduling, budgets, milestones)
- Completes risk assessments, including prioritizing key risks and controls at the engagement level
- Recognizes types of fraud, fraud risks and red flags for fraud
- Recognizes if governance and oversight of an area being audited is insufficient to address identified risk
- Collaborates on the design of the audit results communication plan for engagement
- Designs and executes follow up procedures to verify that management actions have sufficiently addressed the risk
- Determines and applies analytical review techniques at the engagement level. Responsible for proposing analytics that can be used on a continuous basis.
- Evaluates the relevance, reliance and sufficiency of potential sources of evidence.
- Prepares workpapers and documentation
- Utilizes control frameworks to evaluate risk and controls and recommend improvements to the organization's internal control environment
- Identifies authoritative sources relevant to audit engagements and performs sufficient research to inform the engagement plan
- Uses and applies technology solutions in audit engagements
Work involves travel to and from the office to other facilities within the System as well as to companies with which the System does business. Majority of the day is spent working on the computer, which can involve prolonged sitting. Work requires the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required. Relevant professional certification, license, or advanced degree is preferred. Minimum of 3 to 5 years of related work experience in healthcare, internal auditing, consulting or advisory services or a related field. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, Visio). Familiarity with analytical software.