Care Coordinator - Auth - Scheduling Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 6597
Job Family: Patient Accounting/Registration
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011036632183-Cutaneous/Plastics - LCI
Location: LCI - 1021 Morehead Medical Dr
Assists patients and providers with coordinating of referrals, obtaining authorizations and scheduling. This position is also responsible for understanding benefits coverage and ensures patient's care is coordinated.
- Completes referrals for patients and coordinates with referring and receiving practices and/or departments.
- May coordinate and prepare financial estimates for patients.
- Obtains all authorizations needed.
- Directs patients to providers in their insurance plan.
- Reviews benefits and educates patient on insurance coverage.
- Coordinates and schedules surgical procedures, diagnostic testing, or other services within various departments with internal and ancillary providers.
- Reviews schedules and confirms schedules are accurate and time is properly allocated.
- Follows up on all referrals to ensure no care gaps.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced office environment. Should be able to bend and lift up to 10 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Computer experience required. Thorough understanding of Insurance coverage (FSC/Coverage/Plan types) and Medical Necessity policies preferred but no required. Knowledge of medical records software preferred. Customer service experience required.Strong organizational and communication skills Preferred.