Fraud & Investigation Audit Director - Law Enforcement Background Preferred
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 7223
Job Family: Financial Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028340924-Audit Services
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Oversees and executes the largest, most complex audits for the System. Supports infrastructure in accordance with the Annual Audit Plan. Assists leadership with preparation of Risk Assessment and Audit Plan. Develops strategic goals of Audit Services to implement technological capabilities of the system and its affiliated facilities.
- Coordinates development of annual audit plan.
- Coordinates departmental audit schedule.
- Identifies audit risk and develop specific audit scope and objectives for audit projects.
- Conducts audit testing to identify reportable issues for an audit project.
- Consults areas as appropriate.
- Evaluates business and/or operational processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Communicate identified issues during the course of an audit to the auditee promptly.
- Draft audit findings, recommendations, and formal reports that effectively communicate issues at the appropriate level for an audit project.
- Evaluates management responses to determine if they adequately address audit findings and recommendations.
- Prepares audit workpapers in accordance to department standards.
- Develops procedures and assist in implementing standards in department.
- Completes assigned projects on time and on budget.
- Directs multiple assignments and coordinate activities of a project team; review work and provide feedback to team members.
- Responsible for the design of investigation approach for assigned investigations as well as coordinate investigations with the enterprise investigations committee.
- Oversee a team of auditors specializing in investigations and fraud reviews.
- Build out a preventative fraud monitoring program utilizing data analytics as well as proactive education initiatives.
- Coordinate investigations and fraud reviews with stakeholder departments such as: Human Resources, Office of General Council, and Corporate Compliance.
- Conduct and oversee interviews of internal and external parties in the course of investigations.
- Evaluate root cause leading to investigations and fraud exposures to recommend an improved control environment.
- Engaged external and internal expertise, as needed, to effectively conduct investigations with sufficient knowledge.
- Coordinate with law enforcement and regulatory agencies as needed during the course of investigations and coordinate documentation and reporting requirements for applicable agencies.
Who should apply:
- Prior law enforcement officers with investigations and interviewing experience.
- White collar crimes experience preferred.
- Certified Fraud Examiners Designation (ACFE) required with 6 months of employment if not held at the time of hire.
Requires travel to and from facilities and businesses affiliated with the system. Lifting and moving reports and notebooks weighing up to 10 pounds. A large percentage of work time requires sitting.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in a related field required. Minimum of 5 years of related work experience in healthcare, internal auditing or related field such as accounting preferred. CPA or CIA certification or other relevant certification required. Advance experience with ACL Desktop or equivalent is required.
A law enforcement background is strongly preferred.