Advisory Services Audit Director
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 7222
Job Family: Financial Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028340924-Audit Services
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
The Advisory Services Audit Director is responsible for working with leaders across the organization to improve or mature the organization’s ability to manage risk. The Director will facilitate, partner, provide resources, research best practices, perform benchmarking, and advance risk awareness in alignment with strategic priorities. The objective is to help management as they establish controls. As the leader of a team of auditors, the Director enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and contributes to overall audit plan completion. At this time we are following a remote/in office hybrid model.
- Demonstrates authority, credibility and ethical conduct including individual conformance to The Institute of Internal Auditor's Code of Ethics and competency through continuing professional development.
- Develops reports for audit specialty and periodic in person executive and Board level presentations
- Responsible for development and execution of audit communication strategies
- Responsible for advising leadership on risk and control matters for audit specialty. May include participation in initiatives and committees.
- Contributes to enterprise program administration and branding
- Establishes and maintains strategic relationships (internal and external) for specialty area
- Provides full administrative oversight of audit specialty
- Provides general management oversight of project teams, including strategic resource and skills planning and capacity management
- Develops strategic plan for specialty area including strategic growth initiatives. Guides individual engagement strategy to ensure that objectives, scope, and program design align with overall strategic plan.
- Responsible for project management of project engagements and ensures compliance with Quality Assurance standards
- Develops and executes education and staff development plans
- Responsible for execution of risk assessment for specialty area and design of audit plan to address assessment results
- Ensures that there is sufficient fraud risk coverage for specialty area as reflected in risk assessment and audit plan
- Ensures that there is sufficient governance risk coverage for specialty area as reflected in risk assessment and audit plan
- Designs and recommends audit results communication plan for specialty area
- Responsible for audit specialty recruitment, retention and engagement
- Evaluates and reports effectiveness of risk mitigation for the specialty area in correlation to the enterprise risk appetite and strategy
- Designs effective continuous auditing metrics for audit specialty
- Responsible for the overall management and continuous development of risk and control frameworks for specialty area
- Ensures sufficient and authoritative research to support the engagement plan
- Evaluates and recommends technology solutions for specialty area. Leverages technology resources to full capacity.
Work involves travel to and from the office to other facilities within the System as well as to companies with which the System does business. Majority of the day is spent working on the computer, which can involve prolonged sitting. Work requires the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred. Minimum of 10 years of related work experience in healthcare, internal auditing, consulting or advisory services or a related field. Prior supervisory experience is required. Minimum of 2 years project management experience. Minimum of 2 years direct client service consulting experience. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification is also preferred. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, Visio). High proficiency with analytical software and demonstrated ability to train others.