This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 6568
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 47331020231752-MedCenter Air
Location: Charlotte - 5315 Morris Field Dr
Functions as a member of the transport team and is responsible for the care of ill and injured patients. Provides patient care while promoting safety and efficiency. Performs under the direct supervision of the Medical Control Physician, either by continuous radio contact or direct consultation. Maintains necessary certifications/licensures, skills, continuing education and complete competency checks as required. Maintains vehicles in a mission ready status.
• Completes skills check in a timely manner with accuracy.
• Maintains clean environment to include base and maintaining vehicles in a mission ready status. Accountable to check and verify established minimum transport vehicle supply levels, restock and clean at the beginning of the shift and as needed throughout the shift.
• Provides accurate and legible documentation of patient care with attention to detail that accurately reflects assessment and interventions. Ensures that chart is placed in patient’s medical record in a timely manner.
• Provides quality patient care and education in accordance with policies and state regulations as approved by Medical Director and professional standards of care.
• Follows guidelines and procedures independently when Medical Control is not available via radio or direct consultation.
• Assists with other activities which includes but not limited to public relations and marketing activities when needed.
• Follows safety guidelines and procedures; ensures seat belts are worn by crew and passengers.
• Follows vehicle assignments as needed/directed by department. Maintain flexibility with vehicle assignments including the understanding that vehicle assignments are subject to change from a posted schedule based upon the needs of the department.
• Drive in accordance with Atrium Health policy as well as local and state regulations.
FTE is hired for 40 hours per week – 4, 8, 10 or 12- hour clinical shifts. In addition, training, education and call may be required. Day, night and weekend work is required. Must be willing to cover open shifts on short notice. Duties require working, transporting and driving in all weather conditions to include exposure to extreme hot, cold and wet weather. Must not have any physical, emotional or mental impairment to prevent them from riding, driving or administering patient care in a transport vehicle. This work area may have cramped space and be poorly lit. Noise levels are moderate as associated with working in and around emergency vehicles. Hearing protection is available and required for use around “hot” aircraft. Requires handling of patients that may have infectious diseases, possible exposure to unpleasant conditions and/or handling of contaminated materials and/or patients. Requires ability to function in high stress situations. Must have critical thinking skills that enable the employee to make rapid, appropriate decisions that ensure the safety of both the crew and patients. Must have ability to concentrate. Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling. Heavy lifting required, with the assistance of a partner to load/unload patients and carry equipment. Good physical stamina and endurance necessary to perform duties. Employee must maintain fitness standards in accordance with policy. Must have intact sense of sight, hearing, smell and touch with good finger dexterity. Good motor skills and eye/hand coordination required. Requires good personal hygiene and appropriate conduct. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to include, but not limited to, speaking proper English in understandable terms.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school graduate or GED required. Current NC EMT certification required. SC EMT-B and National Registry Emergency Medical Technician certifications preferred at time of hire; SC EMT-B and National Registry Emergency Medical Technician required within 90 days of hire and required to be maintained throughout employment. BCLS required. Approved trauma certification required within 6 months of employment and required to be maintained throughout employment. Current driver’s license (prefer NC/SC) with no more than 6 points on license required. Atrium Health approved driving course to be completed within the first week of hire and maintained throughout employment required. One-year active field pre-hospital experience preferred. Annual completion of safety briefings and annual survival training required. Must have a valid driver’s license and qualify as insurable by Atrium Health insurance carrier requirements for driving MedCenter Air vehicles. Must have an operational smartphone for use as communication device related to MedCenter air operations.