Anesthesia Lead Technician - Atrium Health Main OR (Full Time)
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 5955
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005030151-Anesthesia
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Under the direction of the CRNA II for anesthesia support team member and/or Director of CRNA, the position is responsible for the daily support of the anesthesia practitioners, duties of anesthesia technicians and supervision of their work. The goal is to provide quality care to patients in the operating room and outlying anesthesia areas.
- Assists the Anesthesiologist with the placement of lines when needed.
- Sets up the following items when needed: Rapid Infuser and other complex infusion lines.
- Places non-invasive monitors on patients appropriately (ie. EKG, NIBP, Sa02, Skin temp, Precordial stethoscope).
- Assists with patient care responsibilities in the holding area (restocking).
- Assists the anesthesia providers in the operating room with critical patients.
- Performs preventative maintenance on anesthesia equipment, machines and other related equipment/devices.
- Maintains supply inventory of anesthesia storage locations and related inventory control functions.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean hazard free manner.
- Coordinates schedule changes.
- Distributes and ensure work is completed.
- Ensures that supply inventory and related functions are completed.
Works in the operating room suites, holding area and OB suites and associated anesthesia locations. Requires long periods of standing. Requires the ability to lift and move supplies weighing more than 25 pounds. Must be able to transport anesthesia machines and carts to areas outside the operating room. Fast paced, high tension, heavy workload with a sense of urgency for supplies and equipment. Working conditions include a general hospital environment with frequent exposure to chemicals, pathogens, patient blood and body fluids and medical gases. Environment is climate controlled.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School diploma or GED required. 3 years of experience as an anesthesia technician or 3 years of comparable experience at another institution with certification as an anesthesia technician as defined by the ASATT. Adult and child CPR certification. Graduate of a School of Allied Health with concentration in Anesthesia Technology or completion of a similar program preferred. Working knowledge of word processing software desirable. Shift supervisory experience required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.