Molecular Technologist - Molecular Diagnostics - FT Days
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 4932
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011008339009-Molecular Diagnostics
Location: APC - 5040 Airport Center Pkwy
Performs laboratory analysis on received specimens, providing clinical information for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases. Responsible for overall quality, efficiency, and safety in the performance of assigned technical duties.
- Demonstrates proficiency and follows testing procedures and policies by adherence to quality assurance guidelines for equipment and work area, documenting corrective action to any non-conforming event.
- Demonstrates expertise in assessing priorities while problem solving and offers solutions to improve test systems, teaching and coaching others for process improvement.
- Actively participates in laboratory accreditation activities, including audits and mock inspections.
- Maintains clear, real time communications shift-to-shift with co-leadership regarding issues, concerns and problems which affect the operation of the department.
- Participates as a student preceptor, guest lecturer or in-service education.
- Participates in competency assessment program within department with proven experience, where qualified.
Works in a fast-paced clinical environment. Works in an area which contains bio hazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Duties may involve standing, walking, stretching, stooping, bending and lifting light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree MT(ASCP) or MLS(ASCP) or equivalent required with one year completed as a Medical Technologist. Completion of all requirements specified under MT/MLS II Advancement Program with annual verification of these requirements required.