Intermediate Application Specialist - IAS Canopy Advanced Support Team
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 5845
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342410-IAS Canopy Advanced Support Team
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Responsible for ongoing provider educational and support activities with the electronic medical record system (Canopy/Cerner/Epic Clinicals).
- Provides coaching and support to providers to ensure efficient use of the EMR and adoption of new technologies
- Provides enhanced customer support through troubleshooting, research and training opportunities.
- Customer relationship management development with providers and key facility administration for Information Analytics Services business needs.
- Promotes Canopy adoption and use of the system through monitoring metrics and Cerner efficiency data.
- Provides on-site support in person via rounding through the facilities and via telephone. In addition to remaining up to date and proficient on system enhancements through knowledge sharing, detailed training and technical documentation.
- Participates in departmental and facility leadership meetings with heavy customer relationship management development and oversite.
- Onboard new Acute, Ambulatory and ED providers through classroom facilitation to the EMR and with new applications.
- Performs as a business analyst to help design system enhancements. Responsible for the submission process for new technology requests from physicians and clinicians.
- Creates Canopy Communications to education on new technology.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills.
- Develops PowerPoint presentations and works with Microsoft Office solutions Word, Excel, SharePoint, OneNote and Outlook on a regular basis.
- Responsible for an On-Call Rotation after hours and support coverage for providers on a regular basis.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs.
- Manages projects in all aspects of information systems lifecycle (info planning, business requirements definition, implementation, productions support). Communicates and manages project scope.
- Coordinates with multiple vendors. Competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities, but requires instruction and guidance in other phases.
- Creates business process for chosen packaged systems. Configures packaged systems.
- Ensures all user requests are received in writing and properly evaluated. Responds to request in a timely manner.
- Guarantees efficient and effective completion of project assignments in accordance with standard procedures.
- Assists in the resolution of issues regarding projects being worked on and develops recommendations for those issues.
- Assists in work plan development and management.
Work is subject to high-level visibility through verbal and written communications with senior hospital management, associated project deadlines, personnel evaluation, and counseling. Must be available for on-call support on a regular basis. Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 35 lbs. Due to project requirements, overtime will be required, as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in a clinical role or minimum of 5 year’s healthcare industry experience preferred. Experience in Microsoft Office, databases, Software Development packages, programming languages, SQR, Crystal, Unix and AIX. Experience in an educational background should have Information Systems or Business-Related internships or Part-time employment experiences. Two years work experience with IS Technology preferred. Health care industry experience preferred. Experience with EMR systems such as Cerner Millennium EMR, Epic Clinicals required. Clinical workflow experience highly desired.