This job posting is no longer active.
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 5979
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 47311050731753-Ambulance Services
Location: Union EMS Main - 1403 Dove St
Manages and represents the Emergency Medical Services operations division, including field EMT/Paramedic operations, communications and information technology, medical supplies and equipment, and fleet maintenance. Serves as the focal point for managing operational and logistical details and coordinating the work of team members on various shifts and locations. Prepares and administers portions of the annual budget, coordinates the activities of governmental, non-governmental, and volunteer agencies providing emergency medical services or support for such services.
• Supervises and coordinates all aspects of the daily operations of emergency medical services.
• Plans, specifies and manages the organization's fleet purchase, refurbishing and disposal.
• Provides primary command and leadership of EMS daily operational resources and system wide resources in time of major incident responses and/or activation of the community's Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
• Provides primary oversight of development, implementation, monitoring and enforcement of operational protocols and procedures.
• Coordinates and oversees purchase and maintenance of durable equipment and purchase and distribution of expandable medical supplies.
• Schedules and documents vehicle maintenance and repair activities to meet industry standards.
• Facilitates delivery/distribution of supplies and equipment to satellite bases and vehicles.
• Oversees maintenance of department equipment, performing routine maintenance and repair work and/or coordinating repair work through outside service vendors.
• Researches operational equipment and procedures and recommends new methods to maximize safety, effectiveness, and efficiency of EMS operations.
• Oversees departmental safety program, policies and safety compliance.
Must be physically able to operate a variety of vehicles and equipment as required to meet the essential job functions of an EMS provider. Must be able to exert up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects and or people. Requires the ability to coordinate eyes and hands at a normal speed and accurately in using medical equipment and performing procedures. Requires the ability to handle a variety of items such as emergency medical equipment and supplies. Requires eye/hand/foot coordination and the ability to communicate via different means of communication devices. Requires the ability to differentiate between colors and shades of colors. Subject to normal hazards of emergency medical work, including exposure to infectious diseases.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in EMS or related field required. 3 to 5 years of experience in emergency medical service work, including 2 years of supervisory experience and/or supervisory training or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities required. Certification by the North Carolina Medical Board as an Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic. Possession of an active driver's license. Possession of the following certificates may be required: CPR, ACLS, BLS /HCP from the AHA, PHTLS, PALS, National Registry, etc.