Patient Coordinator - Care Management
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 4716
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 47341003631716-Care Management
Location: APC - 5828 Airport Center Pkwy
Assists with the coordination of patient support services and follow-up, maintaining communication between patient/parents, providers and community partners in an effort to promote continuity of care.
- Collaborates with the care manager and other members of the interdisciplinary care team to assist with the development and fulfillment of a comprehensive care plan
- Receives and manages referrals and task assignments from care managers and other team members for screening, coordination and monitoring of social needs (non-clinical components)
- Assists the family in identifying and prioritizing patient and family needs
- Facilitates referrals to community programs/resources
- Facilitates appropriate utilization of services and transitions in care by assisting with educating families, facilitating communication between patients and providers and maintaining frequent communication with patients and providers
- Provides a link with the patient’s medical home
- Advocates on behalf of patient or parent/child
- Schedules and conducts home, school or community visits as necessary to support families
- Utilizes identified data and documentation systems to assist in identifying and managing patients
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending and stooping. Must lift a minimum of thirty five pounds. Ability to travel/ drive between various locations is required for this position. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Must have intact sense of sight, hearing and finger dexterity. Must be capable of communicating with people from various professions, backgrounds and cultures. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in assignments. Occasional intermittent noise and exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes and chemicals.
Education, Experience and Certifications
A High School Diploma or GED is required. Additional training and experience in healthcare is preferred. Must possess basic computer knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office applications. Analytical skills necessary as independent decisions and problem solving are required.