Director - Undergraduate Medical Education
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 4536
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 21061017244009-Undergraduate Medical Education
Location: CMC Annex/Med Ed - Admin - 1000 Blythe Blvd
This role will work closely with the Wake Forest School of Medicine. Responsible for the overall direction, operations, and management of the Undergraduate Medical Education department (medical students). Provides leadership in supporting the educational infrastructure for faculty, students, administration and medical departments in all aspects of undergraduate medical education (UGME).
- Establishes, implements, and directs the application of operating processes, procedures, and policies for the management of education faculty and staff and strengthening of the medical school as it relates to undergraduate medical education
- Maintains oversight responsibility for the quality and content of the undergraduate medical education programs, striving continually to enhance both the process and the outcome of the teaching and learning.
- Supervises direct-report staff in UGME and matrix-relationship staff in medical education departments (e.g. Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, etc.)
- Collaborates for annual budget development and management of budget expenditures
- Provides leadership, oversight, and project management for the development and implementation of innovative curriculum design
- Researches, analyzes, and reports on complex issues including adherence to the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) requirements and cross-over between UGME and other medical school program accreditation needs.
- Seeks and develops interdisciplinary approaches and opportunities to collaborate and align resources, strategies, and policies with other medical school programs by working in collaboration with the medical education leadership
- Establishes strategic goals and assists with strategic planning initiatives by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information and identifying and evaluating trends and new directions for UGME and interprofessional education.
- Collaborates with faculty within undergraduate medical education to support development of assessment and scholarly activities including submission of grants and manuscripts and identification of faculty development needs.
- Researches and attends local/national meetings related to the changing landscape of medical education and future health care workforce needs
- Performs other duties related to the mission of the Office of Undergraduate Medical Education.
Primarily works in a home or office setting. Majority of time is spent working at a desk. Frequently works with computer terminal, calculator and various other office equipment. Required to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's Degree in Education with 7 years experience in assessment, instructional design, and medical education or Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration with 7 years management experience in medical education or healthcare required.