This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 4968
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342499-IAS Data Governance
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
This position is responsible for directing all activities to define and execute the strategy for Atrium Health data governance. The Director is responsible for collaborating with facility executives, service line leaders, and operational managers. The Director of the Data Governance Office develops, recommends, and implements policies, procedures, and technologies in support of the protection and management of Atrium Health data. This position reports directly to the AVP/IAS Enterprise Information Management and has several principle accountabilities as outlined below.
Develop and implement enterprise wide Data Governance Strategy to include:
- Drive the implementation and maturity of Corporate Information Governance practices
- Evaluate existing and emerging regulatory changes and risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Form partnerships with the greater Atrium Health enterprise to gain adoption of data governance best practices.
- Manage the software solutions that are used by the Data Governance Office and it’s customers.
- Manage the Data Governance team and collaborate across Atrium Health to administer the data governance program.
- Must be a team player that puts their people first and works within the business practices of Atrium Health.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask. Flexibility and adaptability in work approach.
- Calmness and clarity of thought under pressure and ability to maintain confidentially.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to effectively interface with a broad range of people and roles.
- Accept responsibility and personal accountability.
Background / Qualifications:
- Expert understanding of data governance, data architecture, and data retention in healthcare, IT, or a business setting.
- Previous management experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field required.
Previous Work Experience:
- 10 or more years of work experience.
- 3 or more years of healthcare IT work experience.