Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 5437
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011024332947-Oncology - LCI Medical
Location: Concord - 100 Medical Park Dr NE
Sign On Bonus available to eligible External candidates only. Current teammates are eligible to receive a referral bonus for this position.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus! Experienced RNs with a minimum of 1 year of experience are eligible for a bonus of $5,000 for Full Time positions and $2,500 for Part Time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and a Career Advancement Ladder that rewards you for years of experience within your area of specialty.
Job SummaryAssesses and diagnosis patients in a practice setting. Identifies outcomes, implements treatment and coordinates care. Performs and assists with oncology and infusion related treatments, therapies, and procedures.
· Collects data pertinent to patients’ health or situation through physical assessment and telephone triage.
· Identifies expected outcomes for patients' individualized treatment plans.
· Implements identified treatment plan and coordinates all aspects of care delivery.
· Provides care to a diverse patient population, ensuring all pertinent clinical information is documented in the patient’s medical record.
· Provides education and counseling to patient and family members regarding identified health needs, health care activities, immunization requirements, medication effects and contraindications, and plan of care.
· Meets specific clinical needs of oncology patients in both the clinic and infusion by using critical thinking, knowledge, and expertise.
· Utilizes appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible.
· Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and ethical principles.
· Recognizes medication incompatibilities and factors affecting stability.
· Assists with and coordinates chemotherapy referrals, scheduling, orders, and associated patient education.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, pushing and pulling. Work requires lifting 75 pounds. Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms. Must possess an intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or clinic conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required. BSN preferred. Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state of North Carolina required. Oncology experience preferred. Proficiency in IV therapy, bone marrow, spinals, thoracenteses, paracenteses and phlebotomy preferred. Oncology certification preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
Proficiency in IV therapy, central venous access device care and maintenance, phlebotomy, and bone marrow biopsy assistance preferred.