Medical Editor - Musculoskeletal - FT Days
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 5263
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 55541005033094-Musculoskeletal
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Assists in writing, editing and proofing scientific manuscripts, grant applications, posters, abstracts, resident applicant documents, slides, and other documents including the residency site review documents and departmental annual report. Specific medical editor responsibilities vary depending on the roles of the individual within the department for whom they work.
- Assists with all aspects of document preparation including editing, formatting document to adhere to instructions to authors, preparation of tables, verifying reference citations, maintaining reference data bases, and reviewing final proofs for publishers as requested by faculty, fellows, residents, nurses, and staff members.
- Assists in writing, editing, and compiling the departmental annual report.
- Writes and revises documents for the departmental web page in June of each year and updates scholarly activities on the departmental web page more often as needed.
- Writes and edits material for patient education including consent forms for research protocols involving human subjects.
- Prepare slides as requested by faculty, fellows, or residents.
- Maintains data and enters data into immunotherapy database. Works with Research Data Assistant to determine data that needs to be gathered for entry into the database. Writes and updates instruction manual for immunotherapy database.
- Verifies, exports, and analyzes data from the immunotherapy database and prepares instructions for data analysis and also prepares data analysis summaries.
- Maintains departmental publications list and international scientific meeting/abstract deadline list.
- Assists Residency Coordinator with documents and other activities related to resident applicant interviews.
Works in a busy office environment. Frequent contact with various academic health professionals. Requires long periods of sitting, operating keyboard, and telephone. Occasional lifting of documents and supplies. Walking between departmental office(s) on campus.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree or equivalent experience preferred. Prior medical experience required.