Lead Pediatric Enternal Feeding Technician - LCH FT
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 4758
Job Family: Nutrition Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005032688-Enteral Nutrition - LCH
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
The lead pediatric enteral feeding technician/dietetic technician working in partnership with the Neonatal Dietitian, has the responsibility for the calculation, preparation, delivery and monitoring of specialized infant formula, modulated infant or pediatric formulas, human milk and medical nutrition supplements. Preparation techniques must adhere to all sanitary regulations and standards established by regulating agencies and the health care facility.
- Responsible for inventory management, operating formula preparation equipment, maintaining sanitation in the formula preparation room, completion of temperature/sanitization records.
- Conducts quality improvement activities.
- Serves in a leadership role, which includes hiring and training of new teammates, assisting with performance appraisals, delegating work, designing job responsibilities, and teammate schedules.
- Updates equipment service logs and product MSDS (material safety data sheets).
- Ensures calibration of equipment.
- Demonstrates effective communication to vendors, administrative leaders, physicians, etc.,
- Fosters development of employees, students, dietetic interns, volunteers, etc.
- Develops and implements objectives for improving and/or expanding existing clinical programs or services for patient care or employee educational needs.
- Reviews feeding orders for compliance with institution's ordering standards.
- Develops, implements, and monitors hazardous analysis critical control points (HACCP) for enteral feedings.
Standing for extended periods of time. Frequent moving about on foot, stooping, kneeling, twisting, crouching, or bending. Frequent reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction and handling by seizing holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with the hand(s). Constant need for finger dexterity required. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to push/pull objects using moderate effort occasionally
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Registered Dietetic Technician (Commission on Dietetic Registration) preferred. Associates degree preferred. 1 year experience working in medical field, pediatric population required.