Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 2917
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 44011011733273-Neuropsychology & Psychology
Location: Carolinas Rehab - Neuropsychology & Psychology - 487 Lake
Location: Concord, North Carolina
Provides psychological services with a specialty in neuropsychology to clients. Works closely with other disciplines and specialties within the department and facility as well as with patients and families to assure a cohesive approach to patient care.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, or arrange for the provision of appropriate care, for child, adolescent, adult, and older adult population of patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the lifespan and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status.
- Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements and ensures and documents that age specific needs are being met.
- Performs neuropsychological evaluations, appropriate to each patient, which focus primarily upon the organic aspects of brain function, but which also consider other etiological factors, which may affect patient's functional abilities.
- Obtains and evaluates relevant historical information and incorporates this into the evaluation and treatment planning.
- Maintains responsibility for test selection, scoring, and interpretation and understands the limitations of and correctly applies the norms of each test used.
- Utilizes psychometrics for the administration and scoring of tests as appropriate and ensures the accuracy of that administration and scoring through the review and supervision of those team members.
- Prepares reports from the evaluation data.
- Provides psychotherapy, counseling education, cognitive, retraining, behavior management and/or crisis intervention as needed to treat problem areas identified in the assessment process.
- Develops appropriate treatment plans and discusses these with the patient and/or appropriate others to ensure they participate in the development of the plan and consent to treatments.
- Trains professional team members involved in the care of the patient about appropriate observational methods and behavior management techniques, and appropriate supportive roles in the patient's neuropsychological treatment.
- Provides clinical supervision for assigned Master's Level Psychologist, Psychometrist, and Master's or Doctoral candidate students. roles in the patient's neuropsychological treatment.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral / aural communication with patients, team members, family, visitors. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and normal language/cognitive skills. Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or stretchers. May lift and carry up to 20 pounds frequently and rarely 21-50 pounds. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending. May have to transfer patients. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Ph.D. or Psy.D. degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology including a full time 1 year pre-doctoral internship required. Completion of a full-time two year post-doctoral fellowship with training in neuropsychology required. Current valid license to practice psychology in the state of NC required.