Director - Surgical Support
Date Posted: Apr 8, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 5549
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005040501-Administration
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Manages activities of various sterile processing services to ensure that streamlined, compliant sterile processing is provided.
- Oversees daily operations and programs; ensures compliance with policies and procedures that meet TJC, AAMI, APIC and OSHA standards.
- Leads team members through achieving high customer service through problem-solving.
- Serves as the primary contact for SPD for administration, team members, committees, referring facilities and external agencies/vendors associated with SPD.
- Manages performance; develops team members.
- Manages team member scheduling and productivity.
- Manages financial analysis, planning, administrating, monitoring, reporting and improving budget variances and capital budget; prepares financial justification for purchases.
Lengthy periods of walking, standing, sitting, lifting reaching, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling. Lifting objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Maintaining calm composure. Must speak and understand English fluently. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell and touch. Exhibits strong critical thinking skills and ability to concentrate and multi task.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor Degree preferred. Graduate of Accredited Central Processing or Surgical Technology Program preferred. 2 year’s central services or surgical experience and SPD leadership experience required.