Medical Laboratory Technician I
This job posting is no longer active.
Date Posted: Apr 19, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 5527
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011036640551-Administration - LCI
Location: LCI - 1021 Morehead Medical Dr
Directs and performs standard laboratory procedures for diagnosis and treatment of disease to include chemical, microscopic, bacteriological, immunological, hematological, and coagulation studies. Assists physician or pathologist in diagnosis and patient care in a clinic/outpatient environment. Operates equipment to make qualitative and quantitative analyses of specimens. Recognizes abnormal trends or results and makes required decisions and corrections. Serves in a teaching role and as in-charge tech as needed, and assists with patient phlebotomy, registration and order entry.
- Assists in revision of section procedures, implementation of accreditation and inspection standards in conjunction with operating procedures. Recognizes deviations from expected results and determines appropriate actions.
- Completes required daily procedures and checks of pending logs, maintenance, inventory management and temperature checks. Documents discrepancies and follows through appropriately.
- Ensures equipment is maintained, area is cleaned, stocked, and organized.
- Participates in proficiency testing, as assigned, with satisfactory results.
- Completes assigned work within the established time frames meeting productivity expectations and consistently demonstrates ability to achieve efficiency with assignments.
- Analyzes and reports test results in a timely manner.
Moderate lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying weights up to 25 pounds and infrequently over 25 pounds with assistance in a busy environment. Frequent walking, standing, stooping, and reaching. Use of computer for long periods of time. General hospital environment with some exposure to chemicals, pathogens, and patient blood and body fluids. Some latex exposure may be expected. Low doses of constantly monitored radioactivity may occur in some job functions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred. ASCP registered or ASCP registry-eligible MT. Experience, advanced certification, and exceptional knowledge or skill preferred.