Manager - Service Leader-AH -CMC Main-FT-Day Shift
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 5142
Job Family: Maintenance Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005040526-Administration-Plant Operation and Maintenance
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Works under the general administrative direction of the Director or Manager of Plant Operations and Maintenance. This position is responsible for the direct supervision of Maintenance personnel. Plans, organizes, directs and controls the activities of personnel to provide effective operations and upkeep of equipment. Works within facilities in accordance with policies, procedures, standards and practices set by the System and other authorities having jurisdiction.
- Supervises and directs mechanics and craft/trade shop activities. Implements the maintenance program to accomplish departmental goals, objectives and standards of work performance within multiple buildings, structures and associated property.
- Develops, implements and directs a preventive and corrective maintenance program to ensure efficient operation at the facilities within the designated area of responsibility.
- Plans, develops and participates in ongoing departmental training and orientation programs in the repair and maintenance of equipment; evaluates the effectiveness of all programs and adjusts or modifies as necessary.
- Provides for the inventory and the storage of materials, parts and equipment; completes material requisitions and maintains adequate, conservative supply levels.
- selects and coordinates all maintenance service contractors. Insures that contractual provisions and schedules are met; communicates schedule changes and identifies problems to the appropriate responsible personnel. Reviews and assures that contracts satisfy the policies and procedures established at the System.
- Supervises and directs assigned staff. Interviews and hires new teammates. Evaluates work performance, performs counseling and delivers disciplinary actions and terminations as needed.
- Assists in preparing the departmental annual operating and capital budgets to include personnel, equipment, materials and supply needs; monitors budget after adoption; develops budgets in concert with and for the approval of the Director.
- Prepares statistical and operating reports, audits, and payroll reporting procedures.
Primary work performed within typical office environment. Must be mobile within all buildings, floors and grounds of the System facilities. Prolonged sitting/desk work.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree preferred or continued education in technical or academic field. 5 years supervisory experience, preferably in a hospital environment.